Online Poker Tips
Poker is taking over the gaming industry by storm! There are many types of
poker games and many of them are online poker. Poker machines are popping up
all over, from online casinos, kiosk, airport waiting areas, and video machines
and online poker machines!
The number of poker players grows everyday just as the number of online
poker players continue to catch up with the latest rage of winning online! Many
people are still trying to perfect the strategy for online poker wins.
In this article I will go over a few basic online poker tips to help the
experienced and the poker novice get a little closer to perfecting that
Keep in mind that even though playing poker online is the same principle as
playing a hand of poker with real time people, there are a few differences.
Your betting is based to gain information about your opponent's hand due to the
lack of visual experiences that you would have in real time. This is called
probe betting that will take you to probe raises.
- Know your bank roll: keep in mind that while in a land based casino,
you are usually limited on your bank roll, and online casinos don't
usually limit the plays. Keep this in mind and know how much you can
afford to play and lose.
- Research the online poker machine game you are thinking of playing. Read the rules, payouts and directions.
- Pay attention to the opponent's bets
- Watch your opponent's insta-bets and insta-raises
- Know your hands: Below is a list of the best online poker starting hands from best to worst
Watch how you bluff; remember bluffing is just what it sounds like. You
want to convince the opponents you have a good hand when really you
don't. Make your bluff count
Play smaller tournaments first to get a feel of the whole game
Play with a open and clear mind: do not play when you have other things
weighing you down taking away your concentration
Take notes of how the game progresses, who your playing against, and your opponents usual moves
- A-A, K-K, Q-Q, A-Ks, A-Ko
- J-J, A-Qs, T-T, A-Qo, A-Js, K-Qs
- 9-9, A-Ts, 8-8, A-Jo, K-Qo
- K-Js, Q-Js, J-Ts, K-Ts, Q-Ts
- All pairs 7-7 and below, all suited Aces (example: A-Xs), T-9s, 9-8s, T-8s, 8-7s, 7-6s, 9-7s, 6-5s
- A-9s, A-8s, A-7s, any two cards ten or higher, A-9o, A-8o
- All the rest; play these hands very rarely
These are just a few of the online poker tips that may help you improve your
gamming experience. As you can see online poker playing is virtually the same
as playing a hand at a land based casino. The only real difference is you can
not read your opponent as well online as you could in person. But don't let
this scare you away. Just as a blind person hears better, you will use your
other sensory skills to cue you in on what is really going on in your opponents
Not interested in poker? Play slots at Slotland online casino!
Back to the articles