Baccarat Strategies Explained
posted on May 5, 2012
Since online casinos are always trying to make baccarat a little flashier than what it is, it sometimes gets the bad rap of being too hard to understand. It seems that high rollers tend to love to play baccarat due to the alluring air of elegance that the game itself portrays. In all actuality this is a serious game that is usually played with serious real money. Slotland can show how fun baccarat can be if you know what you are playing and how to bet.
The game is from Europe and was invented by an Italian gambler. Since then baccarat has evolved into different variations along with different sets of rules. There are four popular versions of Baccarat, American, Chemin de Fer, European, and Baccarat en Banque.
Types of Baccarat
First of all keep in mind that along with video slots
Baccarat is a game of luck as well as the easiest online casino game to learn to play. There are many versions of baccarat, modern baccarat, mini baccarat, American baccarat and the list continues. Most of the online baccarat games have the same rules as wells as the same odds, but many times, the table limits are lower.
What makes an optimal baccarat strategy? It can be summarized in five easy rules:
- Number of decks. Choose the game with as few decks as possible.
- Look for the casino that charge a commission on banker bets lower than 5%.
- Bet on the banker. This bet has the lowest house edge.
- Money management. Work out the plan for the gaming session and follow it.
- Don't use baccarat systems. It is not wise to base your gaming decisions on results of previous bets.
Since Baccarat is a relatively easy game to play, you really do not make any decision after the bet is place; pretty much you just sit back and enjoy the game. The rules are pretty straightforward. It is a known rule that all the players know the rules prior to starting the game, so the dealer does not consult with any player once the game has started or begun.
It is understood that the highest of any baccarat hand is a nine. A two card total of nine, is called a natural hand, and will not lose. The second best hand to have is a eight and it is also called a natural. However, if both player and the bank are dealt hands that are alike or identical, it is called a standoff. At this point neither the bank nor the player will win.
The dealer gives two cards each to the player and the banker.
- If either the player or the banker has a total of an 8 or a 9 they both stand. There are no exceptions and this rule overrides all other rules.
- If the player has total of 6 or 7, the player stands.
- If the player stands, the banker hits on a total of 5 or less.
- If the player has total of 5 or less, the player automatically hits and the banker gives the player a third card.
If the player gets the third card then the banker draws a third card according to the following rules:
- Banker has total of 0, 1, 2: Banker always draws a third card.
- Banker has total of 3: Banker draws if Player's Third Card is 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-9-0 (not 8)
- Banker has total of 4: Banker draws if Player's Third Card is 2-3-4-5-6-7
- Banker has total of 5: Banker draws if Player's Third Card is 4-5-6-7
- Banker has total of 6: Banker draws if Player's Third Card is of 6-7
- Banker has total of 7: Banker always stands.
Once the final cards are dealt, the score of the player and dealer are compared. The winning hand is the one with the greater total.
Remember that there are other exciting casino games besides baccarat: Enjoy the finest no download slots only at Slotland!
Back to the articles